>I was tagged by running and living. Well .. she tagged her first 15 commenters (I know! She’s very popular!) and I was number 14. Squeezed in – that’s me! And now I’m going to tag whoever would like to me tagged so think about it. 7 random facts people!
1. Only a few people know, because I haven’t blogged about it yet, that I have basically made my husband take up running. He’s been sort of running 5/6/7 milers and has done a few longer runs recently (10/11 miles) and then – last week – he did his first ever half marathon. Now that is a BIG deal. Let me rewind for you – we met as students, have been together and in love for over 18 years. 7 years ago I took up running and he has been very supportive of me as I lost weight and gained confidence. I very much wanted him to start as well – running has brought me a great deal of happiness and joy – but also did not want to push it. You’ve got to *want* to run training miles, no good doing it with me forcing him. So to see him out there running and to go to a race with him to race it together – it was fabulous. We ran the White Peak half together, where we also met up with masses of running blogging / podcasting buddies. And we ran it. On the hottest day of the year so far and in new shoes (hmm yes – the rookie lost his running shoes last week and had to buy new ones the day before the race..) my wonderful and amazing husband finished his first half marathon. He only stopped speaking to me for the last 2 miles and I think our marriage was briefly suspended half a mile before the finish, but he’s already talking about his next one. So well done Adam!
2. My son is called Felix because I was casting about for names for him and went though one of my old American history books and found a list of supreme court justices and was struck by Felix Frankfurter.. Poor Felix has 4 names – the first 2 are the family names (Adam Matthew) and the second 2 are his own, and my choices, Felix Emerson. Being the birthgiver and the stretch mark receiver, I also insisted he be known as Felix and not as something so ghastly as little Adam or whatever. (Remember on Dynasty they had LB? Little Blake? Oh man. That is bad.)
3. I’m Dutch. Well, many of you know this but for those who don’t know – I’ve lived in the UK for years now but am Dutch. I grew up all over the world until the age of 11 so grew up bilingual even though my parents weren’t, which made life in the English-speaking world easier for me. But when it comes to football (soccer) which I hate, I still support the Dutch. Thankfully there was no Dutch entry in Eurovision. The Dutch are good at herring and licorice. Not so good at music.
4. I cannot bear rodents but am not afraid of spiders.
5. After last week’s post I got LOADS of lovely comments and feedback and emails so it’s perhaps not clear enough that I am okay. I am okay. It has been rough, and I don’t have all the answers (sorry) but I am okay and, yes, stronger for it. Stick that in your pipe midlife crisis and SMOKE IT!
6. Listening to Barbra Streisand singing can reduce me to tears. I am not proud of this. But it has done, and will do in future. I am powerless.
7. I met my BFF, Dawn, a few months after we each had our first child. We were waiting to see our health visitor at the doctor’s when we overheard her saying something stupid and looked at each other as if to say “who is this woman?”. We bonded, and making a great friend in my thirties is one of the most lovely surprises life has thrown me so far. She is truly 100% supportive and loving and with me all the way not to mention that she cracks me up on a regular basis. We live 130 miles apart but speak most days – I am very very lucky to have her in my life.
All is good folks. 15 weeks until the Robin Hood marathon which you are all getting way too excited about. We don’t get to go a’stealin’ through Nottingham (sadly) and I don’t think we actually run through Sherwood Forest. On the upside, I don’t think Russell Crowe, the latest and totally annoying and humourless Robin Hood, will be running it. One more week of dossing about, running 30M or so to just keep the legs ticking over and the Pfitz will start giving it to me again. I am slow so we will have an interesting few weeks. Goodnight for now, and good luck to you all!