>Things I have not done:
- posted a new blogpost. Not for 5 weeks. A record I’m not proud of.
- posted comments on other people’s blogs. Again. Not for 5 weeks. Again. A record I’m not proud of.
- been in touch with lots of friends – in person and online. Something I’m really not proud of.
- organised a t-shirt for my blogging buddies running the Chicago Marathon with me. Got halfway there (commissioned my barista for a design, which he delivered) but then did not get any further.
- been online much for pleasure / fun / playing. We lost our internet connection at home for 10 days (will you believe this?!). I nearly started playing boardgames but see below – was working too hard for that..
Things I have done:
- worked hard. Most of my failures above are due to a deadline at work which had me working very very long hours.
- been on holiday. I came back last night from a lovely 2 week holiday with my husband and children to Rome and Tuscany.
- drunk wine. See above.
- eaten pasta. Also see above.
- sat in the sun. We didn’t know it worked but it does. Just not in the UK.
- been warm. Even hot. Didn’t remember that was possible. It is but just not in the UK.
- bought various beautiful and expensive pieces of clothing and footwear. Blame wine and sun. And opportunity.
- trained for Chicago. I missed a few of my shorter runs but so far have got most of the long runs in. Ran 17 2 weeks ago (reaching 13.2 in 2:08 which is good on a training run and with 1 minute walk breaks every mile, methinks).
- Announced on Facebook that I was going to run 18 miles and then didn’t quite manage it. I was exhausted from travel I think.. Not great and it made me feel just a tad foolish…
- bought 2 new pairs of running shoes. Very hardcore this. After Maddy’s recent experience with hip pain and Shirley Perly’s advice I decided I should do the same. A bit painful in the running shop but it shouldn’t cost more in the end. Right?
Things I am going to do:
- get back in the saddle. Training has been going okay – I feel fine about it – but it hasn’t been at the forefront of my mind. With 6 weeks to go, Chicago is my focus. I’m not going to make up for this past week’s run but am getting properly into this week – my first of 2 20 milers.
- Get back online and in touch. I’ll be there this week my friends, I promise.
- Get this post posted. Enough already!
Keep on running my friends – I’m back on your roads with you now!