For some reason this post was published further down my blog so I hope reposting it will work..
Maddy tagged me and now I have to share 6 weird and unusual things about myself with you. The question is – do you really want to know? It’s taken me a few days to whittle the list down (my husband has proved most helpful and has provided a lot of suggestions) but here goes:
– I can’t whistle. Have tried a lot, for a lot of years, but I can’t do it. However – and IrishBlue is going to be so jealous – I can burp on command.
– I didn’t realise until recently how much of a dealbreaker this is, but I don’t really like chocolate. I don’t mind it but it just isn’t really my thing. In fact, Kevin rescinded an offer of marriage purely on this basis (I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact that both he and I are already happily married..);
– My husband and I share a very untrendy taste in music. I won’t divulge too much of the gory details but let me tell you that we were burgled once and the burglars took most of our possessions but left our CD collection. Apparently you can’t buy a lot of crack for a Neil Diamond CD.
– Related to this last point – I walked up the aisle to the wedding march from the Sound of Music. ‘Nuff said.
– Like Maddy, I live next door to my father-in-law. It makes for an interesting life..
– my best friend helped me realise recently that my first crush ever was on Gopher from the Love Boat. How sad is that?
Well everyone – you know some very weird things about me now. I guess if you meet me in a race now you may well speed up ahead rather than linger alongside..